India is a country of an ancient civilization and is considered to be a pious nation. But the reallity is that today India faces many challenges when it comes to cleanliness especially in the streets, lanes, parks or other public places.
Realizing these facts, Reckitt Benckiser has initiated the “Dettol Banega Swachh India” a 5-year ambitious program to address the rising need for hygiene and sanitation in India, as part of a 100 Crore initiative from the Dettol Company, intented to:
• Drive behaviour change towards hand hygiene, through numerous awareness initiatives such as the School Hand Wash Program and Young Mother’s Program.
• Improve sanitation facilities by working with NGO partners to identify areas across the country, to support the development and maintenance of cleaner toilets.
ADRA India, which works for the welfare of society to create positive changes, realizing the utmost need of cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene, is implementing the project “Hygiene education in primary schools” as a part of Dettol - Banega Swachh India Campaign in U.P. and Bihar. The objective of this project is to:
• Create a healthy environment for the children in different schools
• Helping children to develop life skills, hygiene and health.
• Stimulate activities that benefit not only the children but also the families and communities.
We believe that good hygiene and the habits developed in childhood remains lifelong and this initiative to educate children and change their attitude will definitely bring, a very positive change in many communities across the country of India.